Ana içeriğe atla

Goodbye everyone, have a great vacation!





Hello there! This is our last week of school and I wanted to reflect on this terms Educational Technologies class. First of all, I want to thank my lecturer for all her efforts and her wisdom. I learned so many things about teaching and using technology for pedagogy. If I were to create a KWL chart (😊), I would say I knew nothing, basically. There were a few things I was curious about, like how to blog, how to create word clouds, how to edit a video... I learned all of the above and many more; I learned many pedagogical websites that me and my students will use for sure, I learned how I can contribute to my student's digital life, as well as their physical life, I learned how my work at school shouldn't have to be limited to school grounds, I learned how to be a different teacher…
I think the most important part of this lesson was how our teacher guided us through the process, as a 21st century teacher, instead of giving us the concrete information. We learned what we needed to through her guidance, but ourselves. For example, editing a video wasn't really a part of my homework, but I needed to use it. So, since I was already curious about it, I learned it, and I want to keep on learning.
I don't think there were any part of the class that was unnecessary or boring, I just think that this class needs to have more hours. 2 hours a week wasn't sufficient enough for all the subjects we needed to cover.

To sum up, I think Educational Technologies class was a very important part of our education. I hope to see my lecturer again and I would like to take a class like this again. Thank you for bearing with me, have a great vacation!

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

WebQuest to save the day!

  Hello guys! This week we talked about technology integration in the classroom. As we know, it is not very common with our usual claas books. So, we were encouraged to integrate technology to a normal class book. We did this by turning a regular project in the book into a digital one, using webquest.  First me and Görkem chose the project we will digitalize. We preferred superhero creation in the 19th chapter of our book, since it is a very fun activity. To start, we chose where to create the webquest, we chose Zunal . Then, we get to work. We asked our students to create a superhero on Character Creator . They later prepared a description for their heroes using a template on Canva . Finally, they exchanged their heroes with their classmates and prepared a poster on their friends' hero's, using Poster My Wall . all of the steps were explained very carefully on the webquest.  To be honest, this activity was very fun to create and I believe everyone can prepare a simple webques

Flipped Classroom Grammar Lesson

  Hey guys! This week we prepared a grammar teaching video, using flipped approach. I worked with my friend Görkem and we chose conditionals as our topic. We began by studying the subject thoroughly. After that, we decided on how to explain the subject. We prepared a slide using Canva on the subject and started recording our voices.  After we were done, we created some handouts as well as a Wordwall project. You can see them down below. To be honest, this was a harder assignment than our other works but I can easily say it was educative. I was having a hard time with synchronizing the materials. In the end, it turned out pretty well :) If you have time, please take a look at our video :) See you in the next assignment... Also, here is Görkem's post about our work. Here's the puzzle we've created on Wordwall. Here are the worksheets we created.